Following the American election, what’s the future of US-Europe relations?
Contributors to the Dahrendorf Forum-LSE IDEAS Special Report New Challenges New Voices, which collected European and American perspectives from scholars at the start of their career, discussed the issues that will shape transatlantic ties in the new President’s tenure from the TTIP trade deal to NATO defence spending commitments.
- Michael Cox, Director, LSE IDEAS
- Tereza Novotna, Institute for European Studies, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Julia Teebken, Freie Universität Berlin
- Ben Jones, King’s College London
- Chair: Tim Oliver, Report Editor
Full podcast of the event is available here.
For a summary in Tweets, see the Storify summary here.
For some background ahead of the event:
One of our speakers, Tereza Novotna, discusses why the TTIP may fail.