The Dahrendorf Forum is launching a competition for PhD students to submit a short essay or blog post relevant to the themes being addressed by either our Europe, Russia & Ukraine Working Group or our Europe & North America Working Group.
Winners will be invited to attend to Dahrendorf Symposium in Berlin, 25-27 May 2016.
Overview of Guidelines:
- Any current PhD student is eligible to submit an entry for the competition (entrants need not be studying at LSE).
- The prize includes return flights from London to Berlin and three nights’ accommodation.
- Winning entries will be posted on the Dahrendorf Forum website, giving them exposure alongside contributions from many respected academics and experts.
- Essays should be 1000 words maximum, written in third person without notes or references. Please indicate if your entry is based on previously published work.
- Topics include security, economics, international relations, diplomacy, governance and power shifts. Essays should be policy relevant, including consideration of practical and strategic implications for Europe.
- The deadline to submit an entry is 5pm, Thursday 24 March 2016.
For a complete list of entry requirements, instructions, and information about the Working Groups, please see this Dahrendorf Essay Competition document.