The Hertie School of Governance and LSE IDEAS, the LSE’s foreign policy think tank, are pleased to advertise four Post-Doctoral Fellow positions for the research project Dahrendorf Forum 2017-2019 “The future of Europe: Strategic options for an era of uncertainties”.
The post-doctoral positions will be attached to one of the two working groups each:
1. Working Group 1: “The Future of European Governance” (Chairs: Kevin Featherstone, Iain Begg) located at the LSE in London
2. Working Group 2: “Societal Change and Politics in Europe” (Chairs: Helmut K. Anheier, Andrea Römmele) located at the Hertie School in Berlin
The post-doctoral researchers will be expected to play an active role in a network of academics and policymakers, participating in workshops and in the production of publishable policy-oriented papers. All positions are full-time with 2-year contracts and an earliest start date on 1 September 2017.
Requirements, inter alia:
– Excellent PhD in the social sciences (political science, sociology, or other)
– Solid publication record in high quality academic and non-academic outlets
– Significant demonstrable experience of policy outreach and knowledge exchange
– Enthusiastic hands-on approach and willingness to play an active role in a small but dynamic Dahrendorf Team at both partner institutions
Details about the positions can be found at the respective websites:
– For the positions at the LSE please click here (WG 1) and here (WG 2).
– For the positions at the Hertie School please download PDF-files here:
How to apply
To apply for positions at LSE, please go to https://info.lse.ac.uk/LSE-jobs and apply online. The closing date for receipt of applications is 24 May 2017 and 11 June 2017 (both 23.59 UK time) respectively.
Applications for the Hertie School-positions please send to Gesa-Stefanie Brincker (email@example.com) by 31 May 2017 (23.59 MET time).