Thursday 28 April 2016, 6.30-8pm, Tower 2 9.04, LSE
Launch of LSE IDEAS-Dahrendorf Forum Special Report Changing Waters: Towards a New EU Asia Strategy.
The EU-Asia relationship is changing, from development assistance to cooperation – and possibly competition. This event explored an overhaul of the EU’s 2001 Asia Strategy, more important than ever in the context of Asian economic growth and the US ‘pivot’.
- Sir Robert Cooper, Dahrendorf Senior Fellow, LSE
- Olivia Gippner, Postdoctoral Fellow on EU-China Relations, Dahrendorf Forum, LSE IDEAS
- Thomas Henökl, Senior Researcher, German Development Institute
- Michael Reiterer, European External Action Service, Principal Advisor on Asia-Pacific
- Jie Yu, China Foresight Project Manager, LSE IDEAS
- Chair: Robert Falkner, Associate Professor in International Relations, Co-director of the Dahrendorf Forum